MS16562 : Mil-Spec Hardware
MS16562 : Mil-Spec Hardware Specification
Pin, Spring – Tubular, Slotted
Click on drawing for larger view
1. MATERIAL: Steel, carbon, Grades 1070 thru 1095 (UNS G10700 thru G10950) in accordance with procurement specification.
Steel, corrosion-resistant, Types 410 (UNS S41000) and 420 (UNS S42000) in accordance with procurement specification.
2. SURFACE ROUGHNESS: Surface roughness shall be in accordance with ANSI B46.1 before meeting protective coating and surface treatment requirement.
3. PROTECTIVE COATING AND SURFACE TREATMENT:
Carbon steel-cadmium plated in accordance with QQ-P-416, Type II, Class 2.
Phosphate coated in accordance with DDD-P-16232, Type Z, Class 2.
Corrosion-resistant steel-cleaned, descaled and passivated in accordance with ASTM A380.
4. HARDNESS: Carbon steel-46 to 53 HRC.
Corrosion-resistant steel-43 to 52 HRC.
5. PART NUMBER: The part number shall consist of the basic MS number followed by a dash number from Table II.
MS16562 Basic MS Number
1 Dash Number
MS16562-1 = Pin, Spring-Tubular, Slotted, .062 nominal size, .188 length, Carbon Steel, Cadmium Plated.
C – Entire Standard Revised.
- 1. All dimensions are in inches.
- 2. In the event of a conflict between the text of this standard and the references cited herein, the text of this standard shall take precedence.
- 3. Referenced government (or nongovernment) documents of the issue listed in that issue of the Department of Defense index of specifications and standards (DODISS) specified in the solicitation form a part of this standard to the extent specified herein.
Need the Spec?
Click here to download MS16562 Specification